Project Manager Wanted.
Looking for a career change while helping clients drive social and environmental change?
[Update: This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.]
Manoverboard is a team of dedicated designers seeking to help make the world a better place through design. We are a purpose-driven B Corporation focused on creating strategies, websites, content, and identities for principled businesses, large nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions. We care about economic opportunity and the immense environmental challenges our world faces.
We currently seek an individual who can help manage our office and its many projects. The project manager will have responsibility for the smooth delivery of the company’s services, with an emphasis on the ability to work with the team to successfully complete client project objectives. Equally important is the candidate’s willingness to stretch and grow with the business. The right candidate will care about the future of design, have high ethical standards, and embrace new technical challenges. She or he will also be kind, friendly, and a good advocate for all parties. This is a full-time position.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations of design and development team
- Assist with client account strategy and planning
- Create project timelines with clear milestones and deliverables
- Assess and care for client needs during all stages of project
- Help deliver assigned projects in a timely manner and provide content support as needed
- Actively communicate status of projects to clients, team and stakeholders to manage expectations
- Manage and maintain project budgets and resourcing
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members on projects, including help with design and content
- Act as first point of contact for company via email and telephone
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships internally and externally
- Manage and report on office budgets and invoicing
- Maintain office records, contracts, CRM and personnel records
- Suggest and develop workplace efficiency improvements
- Help to manage the operation and coordination of client social media activities, marketing automation, and marketing communications
- Research and write new content for blog posts and social media
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a university discipline or two-year relevant diploma in Business, Marketing, Communications, or applicable work experience
- Minimum one year of related experience in a professional office environment, preferably in creative field
Skills & Abilities
- Highly organized
- Exceptional written, verbal and communication skills
- Able to manage and navigate multiple projects successfully
- Good decision-making based on sound judgment
- Experience with online project management and financial tools
- Demonstrates friendly, approachable and positive attitude and is open to feedback
- Self-motivated and able to create ideas, campaigns and projects where they may not exist
- Thrives in a team environment and also able to think on one’s own
- Ability to write great blog posts on creativity, marketing, design, technology
- Interest in social and environmental impact through business
- Familiarity with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and good typography and design practices
How to Apply
If this position is of interest, email your cover letter and resume to Andrew Boardman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line “Project Manager”. Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you.