Wanted: One Amazing Front-End Developer
Every dream needs a voice to share it.
Every mission-driven company needs a website to share their vision and dream online.
You build websites and want to support these amazing companies.
You want to do it with a small company where you can use your well-rounded development and UI/UX experience to inform how you code.
You want to know that your employer cares about balancing career with a fulfilling life that has time for friends and family.
We want to give you that opportunity.
Manoverboard is a B Corporation helping purpose-driven companies and organizations motivate their audiences with beautiful, lasting design. We deliver bold websites, enduring corporate identities, and the communications strategies that support both.
Front End Developer
Developers are the main engine of our business and crucial to our success.
Your first goal will be building amazing websites to wow our customers and help them achieve their missions. You’ll develop custom WordPress themes from scratch, assist with planning new projects, and write blog posts to share best practices about website design and development.
Your second goal will be to take us to a new level of development. You’ll do this by developing technical shorthand and best practices so that we can put more time into fulfilling our clients’ mission.
Your last goal, but just as important as the rest, is to become a fully integrated member of the team and contribute to growing the business.
Why Work Here?
Team – You love working with other people. You’re fine working on your own, but you know you’re going to grow faster and go further when you’re with other people.
Variety – Code is great, but you want a sniff at the big picture stuff that separates good coding from great. You want to dig into the user experience and the strategy and art of user interface design.
Mission – You’re passionate about creating a sustainable economy, environment, and opportunities for all people.
Who We’re Looking For
Here are big ones:
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, digital media design or communications – you could also bypass the education with the right experience
- Experience developing great websites
- Experience using HTML5 and CSS3 and coding best practices
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes
- Ability to implement and assess WordPress plug-ins, including ACF
- Experience with graphic design programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Experience writing content for websites
- Interest or experience in social enterprise and/or non-profits
You’ll get extra points for:
- Background in graphic design practices, principles and theory
- Good understanding of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of CSS extension languages like LESS and SASS
- Ability to deploy and implement code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of modern server environments
You’ll be working in our modern, rough wood and exposed brick office with the rest of our welcoming team. We’ve got free parking and we’re super close to a bus line. If you decide to take public transit, we’ll even reimburse you for 50% of the cost. This full-time position could be part-time for the right person. On top of your salary, we offer excellent benefits, flexible work hours, three weeks holidays to start, paid parental leave, and a paid day off every year for volunteering.
How to Apply
If you believe that you’re a good fit, email your cover letter, resume, a list of recent sites that you developed to Andrew Boardman at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line “Web Developer”.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.