Looking for a career change while helping to drive social and environmental change?
Manoverboard is a team of dedicated practitioners looking to better the world through better design. We are a purpose-driven B Corporation focused on designing strategies, websites, content, and identities for principled businesses, large nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions. We consist of a small team of digital workers that care about economic opportunity and the immense environmental challenges we face. We also drink good coffee and have insanely nice offices.
We are looking for a junior designer that can wear multiple hats beautifully and successfully. The right candidate is motivated, organized, self-disciplined, and is willing to learn new skills. The right candidate will have a strong and innate understanding of design and design processes coupled with a command of technical skills. Attention to detail is key as is an understanding of the bigger picture of a given project.
While this is billed as a design position, the right candidate will also have good writing skills, a decent understanding of social media and the ability to connect and communicate with a diverse range of clients. Importantly, the candidate will need to stretch and grow with us as the business does the same. The right candidate will care about the future of design, have high ethical standards, and embrace new technical challenges. This is a full-time position.
- Create working design comps for websites and digital interfaces
- Design reports, white papers, brochures and business collateral
- Develop identities and visual standards documentation
- Assist with site updates, content integration, maintenance and edits
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Understanding of the tools of digital, social and content marketing
- Ability to provide basic website coding support and assistance as required
How to Apply
If this position is of interest, email your resume and your portfolio to Andrew Boardman at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line “Designer” because it’s neat. We can’t promise a response to every applicant but we’ll try. We really look forward to hearing from you.